<$BlogRSDURL$>

Hay Family

Offspring of David Hay and Celia Kermath:
News and notes about the Hay family, originating from Chicago, with Glasgow roots.
Hay Family members, Log-in & Make a New Post here!
7/25/2004

And we're off...
Well, we really wanted to be able to get to the Annual Hay Family Picnic today, but there is still so much to be packed before the movers come tomorrow. Man, I knew I had alot of stuff, but geez! And we've only lived in this house for 6 years.

Sigh. Sorry all, mea culpa. We did want to say good-bye in person to everyone. But this shall have to suffice. We close on our house tuesday morning, then have lunch with my cousin Joe (who sold our house), and hit the road to Des Moines (hey! no snickering allowed, I have a friend there). We hope to be in San Diego by this Friday or Saturday. Ah, driving over 2100 miles across the country... with two big dogs.

No idea yet on what we'll do for Xmas (anyone know who is hosting Xmas Eve this year?), if we are going to come back in town or not, but hopefully we will. I imagine we will be getting back occassionally, but probably not nearly as often as we would like (then again, some may not want us back as often anyway =;-)

Our new address and numbers are:
5130 Via Valarta
San Diego, CA 92124-1561
Area Code: (858) Prefix: 571- Suffix: 6077
Sorry about breaking up the number like that... I just do not want any spammers pulling it off the web that easily
Not as close to the coast as I originally campaigned for, but it is a bigger place for less money (still $1500/month... gah! More than our current mortage!), and much more convenient for expressways (which should ease any future commuting concerns). Also much closer to the school Cres will be continuing her MBA at... We did get a 2 bedroom, which will be occupied by Cresencia's pregnant cousin until she gives birth in November. After that, the invitation is open to any who want to swing by and visit glorious San Diego for a few days (seriously)! I somehow see alot of people taking us up on that around the February timeframe =;-)

Everything should be working there by next week, but I do not know when I will be able to get online again. You can feel free to call us, or email me or Cresencia or both of us, but it would probably be easier to just write us in the comments section at the end of this post.

We will miss our friends, and we will definitely miss our families (even as dysfunctional as we are becoming)... I honestly never thought I would leave northern Illinois, so now that this day is upon us, this is a bit weird on my psyhcie. But I am not sad, nor nervous... indeed, I look forward to starting this new chapter of my life-of our lives-now, and will fully embrace all that is to come.

Love to all, and good vibes to Gramma (Aunt Lynne to the rest of you),
Greg & Cresencia Hay

Comments: Post a Comment

 


Powered by Blogger