<$BlogRSDURL$>

Hay Family

Offspring of David Hay and Celia Kermath:
News and notes about the Hay family, originating from Chicago, with Glasgow roots.
Hay Family members, Log-in & Make a New Post here!
12/25/2004

Merry X-Mas
From the land where we can still wear shorts in December (but really, I'm not gloating), Cresencia and I wish anyone who actually reads this a merry merry merry X-Mas!

For the first time in 34 years, I will not be at the Hay Family Christmas Eve. While I do not regret moving at all, I am very sad to have the strongest tradition in my life finally come to an end. In all honestly, most of my earliest memories are of going to X-mas eve at great gramma and grandpa's every year over on Claremont. I remember Uncles Dave and Murph throwing silver dollars in a garbage bucket of ice water to see if we kids would brave teh cold for the money... I remember never being able to understand great gramma and grandpa and having to ask my parents to translate... I remember how long the drive was from Lindenhurst to there, and never getting home until about 2am...

To those in our family who have never experienced the X-mas Eve, may someday you have the chance to... for all of its bruises, it truly is a fun time, and it is great to see all the family there (even if you don't like all of them [grin]). To those who choose not to attend for whatever reason, you are denying yourself and your family an honestly unique time, and a special memory for everyone involved. By not coming together, you are the one chosing to be apart.

Holidays are a time for reflection... perhaps now is a good time to reach out to your sibling/cousin/whatever, and mend some bridges. We are all Hay, for better or for worse (or even if not necessarily by choice [grin]), and even with all the quirks in our uniques personalities, I love you all.

Comments: Post a Comment

 


Powered by Blogger